PRnewswire | August 07, 2023
Spark Education Group, ("Spark" or "the Company"), one of the world's largest providers of small-group online classes for K-12 education, is announcing a brand upgrade from "VISPARK" to "Spark Education". As Spark Education, the company will expand upon its flagship Spark Math program, offer additional subjects, and introduce its interactive experience in offline learning centers around the world. This transformative shift reflects the edtech's commitment to continuously improving learning experiences for students and educational outcomes, all while ensuring a fun and stimulating learning environment.
Spark Education unveils brand upgrade with enhanced experiences
• Spark Math: Complete learning system from foundations to competition math
To better serve students at all levels, Spark is introducing additional features (such as daily practice, knowledge mapping, and other assessments.) Additional program options are being introduced to support students with diverse learning needs, from those looking to build a strong foundation to those looking to excel in top-tier math competitions.
• Learning Centers: New locations in Singapore and San Francisco
At many parents' requests, Spark is expanding its award-winning interactive learning experience to offline learning centers, introducing interactive components and hands-on learning elements in small-group classes. Look for us in Singapore at i12 Katong, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Vancouver Canada
• Expanded Offerings: Same great interactive learning experience, more subjects
Spark has continued to invest extensively in research and development. In the coming months, it will continue to unveil new subjects with the brand upgrade including Spark Chinese, Spark Chess, and Spark Coding (coming soon).
"This is an extensive brand upgrade that we hope will help parents and students around the world better connect with us," Tina Chen, VP of Brand at Spark commented.
"The brand upgrade to Spark Education clearly articulates our focus on education, and the essence of 'Spark.' We aspire for all students to be able to find their inner calling and discover meaning in their lives. 'Spark' also signifies the enlightening of others. Our mission is to Spark passion for learning and ignite lifelong growth. With Spark Education, we hope to bring this to life in a fun and stimulating way for students around the world, both online and offline."
About Spark Education Group
Founded in 2017, Spark Education Group is headquartered in Singapore. Its portfolio of education brands combines research-based pedagogy with technology to improve the learning experience and educational outcomes for students around the world. It was recently accredited by STEM.org, awarded "Best Interactive Learning Experience" at EdTech Asia Summit, and recognized as a Parent and Teacher Choice Award Gold Medal Recipient.
PRnewswire | August 18, 2023
Learning technology company HMH today announced the establishment of the Center for Model Schools. Building on the legacy and work of the International Center for Leadership in Education, the Center for Model Schools provides K-12 school systems with ongoing leadership support through its namesake Model Schools Conference, leadership cohorts and shoulder-to-shoulder consulting.
"Now more than ever, every student must be part of a school community that enables them to thrive in an increasingly complex world," said Dr. Joshua P. Starr, Managing Partner, Center for Model Schools. "I am thrilled to introduce the Center for Model Schools as a place where districts can deepen the skills needed to transform insight into action and create environments where all learners succeed. Every child deserves a Model School, and leaders make that happen."
Leaders can engage with the Center for Model Schools in three key ways:
• Transformational Leadership Network: The Transformational Leadership Network, steered by experts and practitioners, connects leaders who share similar challenges. Year-round cohorts give network members opportunities to learn from and with each other via inter-district cohort sessions facilitated by specialists in improvement science, personalized 1:1 collaboration focused on meeting specific goals and flexible engagement options, including a range of in person, synchronous and asynchronous opportunities.
• Leadership Consulting: Leadership consultants from the Center for Model Schools partner with school and district leaders to bring their visions to life. Partnerships are customized based on the school or district needs and helps leaders enact practical strategies that drive system-wide transformation. Strategies may include development and support for principals, leadership coaching, strategic planning, curriculum alignment, PLC-powered data teams, effective teaching and learning and keynote speakers. The Center for Model Schools' leadership consulting also supports school improvement initiatives via an exclusive partnership between UChicago Impact® and NWEA, a division of HMH. Structured around the 5Essentials® Framework and Survey, which are based on over 30 years of research by the UChicago Consortium on School Research, this approach provides a holistic, evidence-based system that defines, measures and utilizes the most important organizational conditions to improve student outcomes.
• Model Schools Conference: The Model Schools Conference is the nation's largest gathering for rapidly improving K-12 schools and districts. The conference brings over 5,000 educators together for a powerful slate of workshops and sessions focused on making a difference within learning communities. From networking to sharing best practices to inspiring keynotes and panel discussions, the conference experience gives attendees a toolkit to implement meaningful change when they return home.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a learning technology company committed to delivering connected solutions that engage learners, empower educators and improve student outcomes. As a leading provider of K–12 core curriculum, supplemental and intervention solutions, and professional learning services, HMH partners with educators and school districts to uncover solutions that unlock students' potential and extend teachers' capabilities. HMH serves more than 50 million students and 4 million educators in 150 countries.
Corporate Education and Training
Globenewswire | July 05, 2023
ChildCare Education Institute® (CCEI), an online child care training provider dedicated exclusively to the early care and education workforce, offers CUR134: An Introduction to Learning Stories as a no-cost trial course to new CCEI users July 1-31, 2023.
A Learning Story is a record of what a caregiver has observed about a child or group of children. Learning Stories can use text, images, or videos in any combination. They usually focus on a specific moment in time but may also include an accumulation of a child′s experiences over an extended period. They can also focus on a group experience or a moment when children were engaged in learning experiences together.
Learning Stories highlight children′s thinking skills, approaches to learning, and dispositions. Dispositions are described as characteristics or attitudes toward learning that children demonstrate. The retelling of an event becomes a Learning Story when the teacher adds their perspective or feedback about the child′s learning and development. This might include a description of the concrete skills the child demonstrated or a more theoretical perspective such as the child′s approach to learning.
Learning Stories help teachers connect to the aspects of early education that bring them joy and fulfillment. Using Learning Stories can also help teachers nurture their love of teaching. The first-person format makes the documentation personal. The narrative format gives educators a chance to share their feelings about the steps in a child′s unique developmental journey. Rather than spending time identifying what children cannot do, teachers focus on documenting children′s success stories. This focus on success creates a positive mindset for both the children and the teacher. Reviewing Learning Stories with children helps teachers build emotional connections with children, which creates a nurturing, curious, and supportive learning environment.
This course will introduce participants to Learning Stories, a powerful assessment tool in early childhood education. When fully embraced by educators, directors, and families, Learning Stories are a transformative approach to assessment. They deepen connections between teachers, families, children, and the broader community. Participants will discover the essential components of Learning Stories and how to develop each component.
"Learning Stories create an understanding of both children and adults in a way that promotes further discussion and ongoing learning," says Leslie Coleman Education Director of CCEI. "They provide educators with a chance to share ideas, plan for future learning, and reflect on their practice."
CUR134: An Introduction to Learning Stories is a two-hour, intermediate-level course and grants 0.2 IACET CEU upon successful completion. Current CCEI users with active, unlimited annual subscriptions can register for professional development courses at no additional cost when logged in to their CCEI account. Users without subscriptions can purchase child care training courses as block hours through CCEI online enrollment.
About ChildCare Education Institute
ChildCare Education Institute®, provides high-quality, distance education certificates and child care training programs in an array of child care settings. Over 200+ English and Spanish child care training courses are available online to meet licensing, recognition program, and Head Start requirements. CCEI also has online certification programs that provide the coursework requirement for national credentials including the CDA, Director and Early Childhood Credentials. CCEI, a Council for Professional Recognition approved training partner, is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and as an IACET Accredited Provider, offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard.