Businesswire | April 03, 2023
“We’re honored to be recognized by The EdTech Awards for our Unified Classroom® solution, which unites the critical teaching and learning tools that educators and students need in one place,” said Marcy Daniel, Chief Product Officer at PowerSchool. “We understand the needs of educators today and are proud to provide innovative solutions that support every student.”
PowerSchool was also recognized as a finalist in the following Cool Tool award categories:
• Administrative Solution for PowerSchool Unified Administration™
• Career Planning Solution for Naviance by PowerSchool
• Classroom Management Solution for Unified Classroom® • Curriculum and Instruction Solution for Unified Classroom®
• District Data Solution for PowerSchool Unified Insights™
• E-Learning, Blended, Flipped Solution or Remote Solution for Unified Classroom®
• Enrollment & Admissions Solution for PowerSchool Enrollment
• Higher Education Solution for PeopleAdmin’s Faculty Solutions
• New Product or Service (releases in 2020 or later) for Unified Classroom® and PeopleAdmin’s Course Evaluations
Celebrating its 13th year, the US-based program is the world’s largest recognition program for education technology, recognizing the biggest names in edtech – and those who soon will be. Featuring edtech’s best and brightest, the annual program shines a spotlight on cool tools, inspiring leaders and innovative trendsetters across the K-12, Higher Education, and Skills and Workforce sectors.
“A very big congratulations to all The EdTech Awards 2023 finalists and winners—and congratulations to all who endured the upheavals of the last few years only to come through stronger, more experienced, resilient, and resolute in laying out the future of learning,” said Victor Rivero, Editor-in-Chief of EdTech Digest. “To the innovators, leaders, and trendsetters of education technology, you are the way forward. Your future-focused mindset is welcomed, encouraged, and needed now more than ever—and we salute you!”
This year’s finalists and winners were narrowed from the larger field and judged based on various criteria, including pedagogical workability, efficacy and results, support, clarity, value, and potential.
PowerSchoolis the leading provider of cloud-based software for K-12 education in North America. Its mission is to power the education ecosystem with unified technology that helps educators and students realize their full potential, in their way. PowerSchool connects students, teachers, administrators, and parents, with the shared goal of improving student outcomes. From the office to the classroom to the home, it helps schools and districts efficiently manage state reporting and related compliance, special education, finance, human resources, talent, registration, attendance, funding, learning, instruction, grading, assessments and analytics in one unified platform. PowerSchool supports over 50 million students globally and more than 15,000 customers, including more than 90 of the top 100 districts by student enrollment in the United States, and sells solutions in more than 90 countries.
About Edtech Digest and The Edtech Awards
EdTech Digest, a leading source of cool tools, interviews, and trends showcasing the future of learning — annually honors the best and brightest people, products and groups working in edtech with The EdTech Awards. Cool Tool, Leadership, and Trendsetter honorees span the K-12, Higher Ed, and Skills & Workforce sectors.
CORPORATE LEARNING SYSTEMS
PRnewswire | May 05, 2023
StrongMind announced a new generation of digital courses for K-5 students today. StrongMind responded to the increased demand for digital courses for the youngest students during the pandemic by releasing a complete suite of K-5 courses in summer 2021, completing their K-12 digital solution. After listening to course users and careful analysis of feedback, StrongMind determined enhancements were needed to keep up with the still increasing need for high-quality digital courses in the early grades.
The new version of digital courses includes robust enhancements for even higher-quality English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies courses and a user experience designed to delight young learners. Enhancements include:
• Deeper alignment to state standards, including state specific content for select courses and states
• An enhanced approach to phonics instruction for K-2
• Expanded rich media and interactivity throughout each course
• New grading supports for teachers, including grading notes and rubrics
"At StrongMind, we firmly believe that a standards-aligned K-5 curriculum that follows the science of reading is crucial for setting our students up for academic success. By providing engaging and rigorous instruction in the early years, we can inspire a love of learning and empower our students with the skills they need to thrive in all aspects of their lives," said Mori Creamer, Chief Academic Officer.
The newest K-5 digital courses will be available for back-to-school fall 2023 for existing and new customers who have a need for flexible digital courses that will meet the needs for online and blended learning throughout different programs in a school or district. More information about the courses is available at strongmind.com/K-5/, and details about other StrongMind products, including courses for grades 6-12 and social emotional learning (SEL) is available at strongmind.com.
StrongMind partners with schools and districts to develop forward-thinking solutions that address unique school challenges. With a consultative approach, engaging digital curriculum, a suite of edtech tools, a range of services, and clear insights, we maximize student achievement and help schools thrive. A recent recipient of multiple Digital Promise Research-Design certifications and winner of more than 60 awards, StrongMind innovates into the future of education.
Businesswire | May 16, 2023
Flatiron School, a global provider of technical education, launched a portfolio of new artificial intelligence (AI) training programs designed to empower workforces with the expertise required to leverage powerful, emerging AI tools.
Leading the way with their new AI training programs, Flatiron School is building on their track record of high quality training that meets the industry’s evolving needs. The programs are all instructor-led for optimal learning experience and cover topics such as machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and data science.
“Artificial intelligence is rapidly evolving and for organizations across the globe it’s now a necessity to stay competitive. Through engaging lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, learners will discover how to implement AI-driven solutions that have the potential to revolutionize their businesses,” said Pete Barth, Flatiron School Chief Product Officer.
Flatiron School’s new programs are designed based on feedback from Fortune 100 organizations and provide fluency as well as the latest AI skills to technical and non-technical learners alike. All programs can be tailored to fit the needs of any organization, such as incorporating specific industry examples, in-person or online instruction, and more immersive offerings. New programs include:
• Detecting Cybersecurity Threats With AI. Learn how to protect and mitigate against emerging threats created by AI products. This four-hour program also covers natural language processing in threat intelligence as well as uncovering hidden patterns with machine learning.
• Prompt Engineering Basics. Discover how to design, evaluate, and refine prompt solutions for ChatGPT. After eight hours, learners will have a deep understanding on how to get effective results from generative AI tools.
• Build & Deploy AI Applications. Build and deploy an AI application, including data preprocessing, model development, and deployment. This 40-hour program also covers deep learning and natural language processing.
• AI Strategy for Business Leaders. Develop a baseline understanding of the concepts needed to move organizations towards AI adoption. During the 12-hour program, leaders will hear use cases in their functional areas as well as learn how to create persuasive presentations when advocating for AI throughout their departments.
“AI is transforming how organizations operate and provide services to their clients, creating the way for new opportunities and growth,” said Nancy Ziser, Flatiron School EVP Enterprise Partnerships. “Our new training programs will quickly give organizations the latest, cutting edge skills needed to thrive in the evolving AI landscape.”
About Flatiron School
Since 2012, Flatiron School has been a trusted solutions provider of high quality technical training to Fortune 100 clients across Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Data Science, and UX / UI Product Design. Over the past decade, we’ve trained over 10,000 diverse learners from all walks of life. We help organizations save time and money, whether it’s recruiting quality tech talent, an unbiased assessment of talent’s aptitude and/or technical skills, onboarding new hires, upskilling existing talent, or anything in between.