Corporate Education and Training
PR Newswire | August 25, 2023
Based on nationwide research, the majority of high school graduates face a lack of preparedness in making crucial college or career decisions upon graduation, often feeling uncertain about their chosen educational or career paths. • Nearly 75% of high school graduates did not feel fully prepared to decide on their future career or education during high school. • 37% of high school graduates are not sure they are where they want to be in their education or career path
Moreover, the strain on counselors and teachers–due to heavy workloads and limited resources–exacerbates the issue by creating gaps in essential discussions about postsecondary opportunities. There is an acute need for solutions that bridge this gap, and help students who are struggling to transition from high school to college, trade school, and career.
YouScience® is the leading technology provider dedicated to solving the skills gap crisis for students and employers. Thousands of middle schools, high schools, colleges, universities, trade schools, chambers of commerce, and employer partners use various applications from YouScience. The award-winning education technology company recently launched YouScience Brightpath, which supports educators in addressing critical issues facing students in one unified platform.
With Brightpath, educators can:
1. Personalize students' education pathways for increased academic and career success.
2. Provide deeper purpose for classwork by supporting real-world career outcomes into every student's educational journey.
3. Connect students to their future by bridging the gap between education and industry in meaningful and personalized ways.
4. Support every student's growth through the major transitions between middle school to high school, high school to post-secondary learning, and from the classroom to careers.
"Brightpath has been an incredible tool to measure student growth in the classroom," said Joel Casiday, from Coldspring-Oakhurst High School in Coldspring, Texas. "Our teachers can give their pre-assessment at the beginning of the year and then the certification exam for the course at the end of the year. The student receives real-time certifications and the teacher has valuable data that shows student growth and instructional impact. With the launch of the career research tools and all the full Brightpath suite offers, our students will be poised for success after graduation."
YouScience Brightpath makes it easier for educators to help students connect what they are learning in the classroom to real-world applications. This includes career and technical education (CTE) programs, skill certifications and credentials, and resume creation.
"Having a comprehensive platform that helps us connect what students are learning in the classroom with real-world career opportunities turns education into a tangible experience," said Thalea Longhurst, State CTE Director for the Utah State Board of Education. "Local employers also like YouScience Brightpath because they can engage with students, who have the aptitudes and certifications they need, to start building a talent pipeline. It opens doors and opportunities for all Utah students to have a successful future—whether that's 4-year college, trade school, or jumping into a career."
Research shows that helping students discover their aptitudes, and building personalized high school and postsecondary pathways, enables student success. In 2022, nearly 80% of high school graduates reported feeling better prepared to choose their educational and/or career pathway based on understanding their natural aptitudes.
"Unleashing student potential is at the heart of what we do," said YouScience CEO Edson Barton. "To do that we must empower educators with the best professional tools. Brightpath makes it easier to collaborate across schools and districts, between middle and high schools, and from grade to grade. Brightpath is designed for today's professional educator. Speed, ease of use, scalability, and systems simplicity is top of mind."
YouScience is the leading technology provider dedicated to solving the skills gap crisis for students and employers. Its end-to-end platform, YouScience® Brightpath, connects education with career applications designed to help students unlock their potential for future pathways. YouScience leverages proven research, artificial intelligence, and industry input to help individuals identify their natural talents, validate their skills and knowledge, and get matched with real-world educational and career pathways in high-demand occupations. YouScience is the preferred choice of individuals, parents, educators, and counselors to guide and support educational and career pathways, currently serving more than 7,000 educational institutions and nearly one million users.
PRnewswire | July 03, 2023
edX, a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. , today announced that the University of Cape Town (UCT), Africa's leading university, is the newest member of the global edX partner network, joining hundreds of universities and institutions in expanding access to the world's best education. Additionally, UCT is partnering with edX to create 15 new courses and five new professional certificate programs, with more content launching throughout 2023.
UCT has been at the forefront of online education for the past 15 years and has worked closely with 2U since 2007 to develop over 80 online executive education courses that have been taken by 120K+ students. UCT's partnership with edX will further strengthen the University's online footprint, allowing it to continue providing transformative educational opportunities to more people worldwide.
"We are thrilled to be joining the edX global community of universities," said Professor Harsha Kathard, Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Teaching and Learning at the University of Cape Town. "Our partnership with 2U revolutionized the way we deliver education, bringing UCT's unique blend of academic excellence and social consciousness online. As we further our commitment to making our diverse areas of expertise accessible to all, our partnership with edX opens an exciting new avenue for this mission. We're particularly enthusiastic about the opportunity to enrich the edX platform with a breadth of courses and specialized knowledge highlighting the diverse aspects of Africa as a continent."
UCT's full portfolio of online program offerings developed with 2U encompasses a wide range of disciplines, including finance, investment, technology, business leadership, marketing, project management, and engineering the built environment, among others.
"UCT, as one of our most significant executive education partners, is a pivotal addition to the edX community," said Andrew Hermalyn, President of Partnerships at 2U, the parent company of edX. "Our partnership not only underscores edX and UCT's shared commitment to providing accessible, high-quality education to learners across the globe, but also plays a critical role in bridging the skills gap for people in South Africa. UCT's expertise in African-centered content enriches our platform and brings invaluable diversity to our learning community."
edX is the global online learning platform that exists to help learners everywhere unlock their potential. edX was founded by Harvard and MIT in 2012 to make the world's best education available to everyone. Today, as a 2U, Inc. company (Nasdaq: TWOU), edX connects 76 million people worldwide with the skills, knowledge, and support to achieve their goals. Together with the world's leading universities and companies, edX offers thousands of free and open courses, professional certificates, boot camps, credit-bearing micro credentials, and undergraduate and graduate degrees.
About the University of Cape Town:
Founded in 1829, University of Cape Town has a proud tradition of academic excellence and effecting social change and development through its pioneering scholarship, faculty, and students. UCT's reputation for excellence is underpinned by its distinctive research, led by its distinguished faculty, many of whom are leaders in their field.
PRnewswire | August 18, 2023
Learning technology company HMH today announced the establishment of the Center for Model Schools. Building on the legacy and work of the International Center for Leadership in Education, the Center for Model Schools provides K-12 school systems with ongoing leadership support through its namesake Model Schools Conference, leadership cohorts and shoulder-to-shoulder consulting.
"Now more than ever, every student must be part of a school community that enables them to thrive in an increasingly complex world," said Dr. Joshua P. Starr, Managing Partner, Center for Model Schools. "I am thrilled to introduce the Center for Model Schools as a place where districts can deepen the skills needed to transform insight into action and create environments where all learners succeed. Every child deserves a Model School, and leaders make that happen."
Leaders can engage with the Center for Model Schools in three key ways:
• Transformational Leadership Network: The Transformational Leadership Network, steered by experts and practitioners, connects leaders who share similar challenges. Year-round cohorts give network members opportunities to learn from and with each other via inter-district cohort sessions facilitated by specialists in improvement science, personalized 1:1 collaboration focused on meeting specific goals and flexible engagement options, including a range of in person, synchronous and asynchronous opportunities.
• Leadership Consulting: Leadership consultants from the Center for Model Schools partner with school and district leaders to bring their visions to life. Partnerships are customized based on the school or district needs and helps leaders enact practical strategies that drive system-wide transformation. Strategies may include development and support for principals, leadership coaching, strategic planning, curriculum alignment, PLC-powered data teams, effective teaching and learning and keynote speakers. The Center for Model Schools' leadership consulting also supports school improvement initiatives via an exclusive partnership between UChicago Impact® and NWEA, a division of HMH. Structured around the 5Essentials® Framework and Survey, which are based on over 30 years of research by the UChicago Consortium on School Research, this approach provides a holistic, evidence-based system that defines, measures and utilizes the most important organizational conditions to improve student outcomes.
• Model Schools Conference: The Model Schools Conference is the nation's largest gathering for rapidly improving K-12 schools and districts. The conference brings over 5,000 educators together for a powerful slate of workshops and sessions focused on making a difference within learning communities. From networking to sharing best practices to inspiring keynotes and panel discussions, the conference experience gives attendees a toolkit to implement meaningful change when they return home.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a learning technology company committed to delivering connected solutions that engage learners, empower educators and improve student outcomes. As a leading provider of K–12 core curriculum, supplemental and intervention solutions, and professional learning services, HMH partners with educators and school districts to uncover solutions that unlock students' potential and extend teachers' capabilities. HMH serves more than 50 million students and 4 million educators in 150 countries.